A leading logistics company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Distribution Manager to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Working in conjunction with the Depot Manager to deliver the day-to-day distribution objectives.
- Drive the implementation of improvements in operating processes and systems.
- Determine vehicle capacity requirements across both the medium and the long term and plan required for fleet utilisation.
- Ensure the agreed operational targets in respect of secondary distribution network are achieved as per Client contracts.
- Mitigate risk against people and physical assets (Trucks).
- Ensure full legal compliance will all relevant legislation, i.e., OSH Act, Aarto.
- Maintain and implement safety standards across the transport department and ensure that enhancements are implemented based on on-going learning.
- Compile the annual budget for distribution department.
- Manage costs to ensure decreased cost to client.
- Manage COF, fine, driver behaviour, vehicle repairs and maintenance, fuel (CPK).
- Report on a weekly basis on distribution KPI’s with the relevant teams to address areas of non-conformance proactively and promptly.
- Implement and encourage cost cutting initiatives within the distribution department where these do not impact on long term business sustainability.
- Manage external supplier relationships and contract to ensure agreed service levels are met.
- Lead a distribution team and maintain a stable IR climate through a constructive relationship with unions.
- Manage and deliver on succession plans to enable the development of a future generation of leaders and specialists.
- Champion training and development of the team through the utilisation of available training opportunities or by contributing to the development of new training opportunities.
- Conduct regular performance appraisals with subordinates.
- Coach and support team members where necessary to achieve objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Logistics management,
- At least eight years’ experience in distribution,
- Computer literacy – experience in working on a transport operational system/ accounting system/ relevant customer ERP system, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days