Digital Transformation Specialist
A well-known company based in Johannesburg is currently seeking the expertise of a Digital Transformation Specialist to join their team.
Our client is the largest privately-owned drilling company in Southern Africa, and are active in underground mining development and exploration drilling, cementation works and pre-cementation of shafts as well as grout pack support systems. They have serviced most of South Africa’s blue-chip mining houses, expanding operations over several decades. They are ready to position their business for the future, using technology to find alternative solutions for their clients.
Their 1500 employees hold the specialist skills needed to meet client requirements. Our client provides ongoing mentorship for younger employees striving to master their trade or profession, grow within the company and progress on their career paths. Their staff retention policy, therefore, provides employees with an above-average level of benefits, including permanent health insurance, life cover and pension.
Our client is looking for a DT Specialist to join their team in Johannesburg, Gauteng – this position serves a key role in the company’s technology transformation, taking on digital project management, planning, implementation, and ensuring sustainability to meet business objectives. They are looking for someone to lead and coordinate the successful delivery of this digital organisational transformation project. It’s a strategic shift for the entire business, and an important focus for the future of the company. That’s why the applicants will need to demonstrate appreciation and understanding of data (warehousing, visualisation, analytics, reporting and transformation), artificial intelligence and machine learning principles.
- Led the company in the organisational technology change programme.
- Responsible for the successful delivery and understanding of the planned technology work streams
- Identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions.
- Developing automation solutions for manual systems to improve efficiency
- Develop strategies to encourage users to use new technologies
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations
- Managing supplier contracts by ensuring robust service level agreements are in place and managed effectively
- Operating with geographically-scattered operational and management teams
- Lead IT operational and strategic planning including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals
- Help define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Technology
- Previous hands-on Technical Project Management experience within a complex environment
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure and software technologies, networking, Data Centres, hardware, and integration
- Exploration and mining industry awareness, with exposure or consummate experience as an added advantage
- Experience deploying similar or related projects in drilling or mining environments as an added advantage
- Previous exposure or experience in telemetry systems is beneficial
- Experience in software development, systems analysis and design techniques
- Knowledge of data and information management and reporting
- Integration and risk management experience
- Understanding of lean principles
- Exposure to quality assurance methodology and inspections
- A strong ability to influence business stakeholders.
- Experience and a proven track record in leading a senior team through large transformational projects
- Ability to articulate and communicate a large project to the EXCO team.
- Strong program and project management professional
- Business process design
- Product management and design
- Innovation management & Platform Creation
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.