A leading food manufacturing company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Buyer to join their team. You will be applying good problem-solving skills to deal with daily changes in production, constant change in market requirements, while resolving supplier problems.
The successful candidate will be liaising with Accounts payable department to make sure all the relevant documents are in order and the requirements of that department are met to facilitate payments.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Obtain certificates COA & Halaal from Suppliers/ enforce when order is placed.
- Ensuring that all identified high risk components are ordered in accordance with company procurement policy.
- Managing all internal or supplier queries, from order placement to final payment of goods.
- To be handle CPAR process between Technical and Supplier.
- Capable to determine raw material pricing for forecasting purposes for half year and year end roll over.
- Able to work with NPD in sourcing of pricing/minimum quantities lead time on new product development.
- Performing ongoing reviews and assessments of the capabilities / reliability of suppliers, quality of product, services and prices.
- Ensuring consistent availability of raw materials, components and consumables in accordance with the production forecast.
- Ensuring these are procured at acceptable price and quality.
- Good knowledge of accounts payable (creditors) cycle.
- Placing orders according to MRP system, ensuring timeous delivery of correct components, whilst adhering to Company stock level policy.
- Taking responsibility for the whole purchase cycle and liaise with all the relevant parties on any potential problems arising with the order.
- Arranging for goods that have been found to be incorrect or faulty to be replaced.
- Maintaining all necessary documents and audits trails; ensure all documents are appropriately filed.
- Cost Controlling / Managing the accounting of purchase price variance against standard, report on this and implement corrective action where possible.
- Advising the Department Manager of any price increases / decrease as soon as they arise.
- Applying good problem-solving skills to deal with daily changes in production, constant change in market requirements, while resolving supplier problems.
- Adhering to Company rules, policies and procedures at all times.
- Maintain professional and productive relationships with superiors, employees’ customers, contractors and suppliers.
- Diploma in Procurement and or Supply Chain Management qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role in a high-volume food manufacturing environment.
- Ability to supervise the work of subordinates (where applicable)
- Advance Computer Literacy: MS Office (Word/ Excel/Outlook)
- Minimum 3 years working experience on computerized MRP system is essential. Syspro will be advantageous.
- Excellent proven knowledge of storekeeping practices and procedures
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own reliable transport.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days