A leading logistics company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Transport Planner to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Co-ordinate the daily planning of cargo movement in order to ensure that revenue levels and customer service are maximized.
- To ensure operating costs are minimized through effective resource planning and utilization.
- Monitor daily volumes in line with forecast.
- Understand cargo loading and dispatch procedures.
- Ensure budgets are managed daily and report any discrepancies.
- Ensure systems are managed and updated.
- Ability to ensure staff are operating in a safe manner.
- Understand and maintain the requirements and working procedures of all clients.
- Ensure servicing of trucks and trailers are scheduled, planned and executed timeously
- Flexibility to work operational hours, including standby over weekends when necessary
- Track and trace vehicle on a daily basis.
- Ability to consolidate loads to ensure higher revenue is earned.
- Ensure vehicle utilization is optimised
- Meet customer deadlines and requirements – on time delivery
- Ensure Roadbook is kept updated or Journals are up to date
- Prepare and submit weekly revenue revenue schedules for invoicing purposes.
- Prepare and submit monthly stats for support services pack.
- To Ensure driver wage is submitted weekly
- Assist with EC, ISO, and SHERQ audits and requirements
- Update on a daily basis and submit delivery performance matrix to superior.
- Ensure POD’s are handed in on time
- Ensure TMS is updated and all waybills are captured on a daily basis
- Check that the permanent staff overtime is captured correctly and honestly on TMS
- Ensure that all POD’s are returned from Sub-contractors and updated on TMS
- Bachelor’s degree in Transport/Supply Chain Management
- Advance computer training
- Hazardous training for Transportation on dangerous goods
- Finance for non-financial managers
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- High energy and efficiency levels.
- Team Player
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days