Our client is currently searching for a SHEQ Officer to coordinate and participate in the investigation of incidents, accidents and near misses, audit and conduct a Review Contractor Risk Assessment. The SHEQ Officer monitors the implementation of Safe Work Procedures and maintains and updates all relevant SHEQ department administrative duties.
- Compile and maintain safety files and other related relevant files for projects
- Conduct pre-implementation risk assessments on new sites if and when required and identify risk mitigation measures in conjunction with contractors
- Review Contractor Risk Assessment.
- Provide SHE improvement proposals, proposed corrective action, required resources for corrective action and plan of implementation on NCRs issued
- Follow up to ensure that corrective actions are implemented where necessary and ensure that requirements are complied with.
- Report on Contractor performance where repetitive matters are not being addressed according to DFA requirements.
- Conduct SHE Committee Meetings (plan, schedule and review)
- Attend meetings if and when required on behalf of the Company’s SHEQ department – Management meetings, Technical meetings, Steering Committee meetings (weekly, monthly, quarterly
- Investigation and Corrective Actions Reporting
- Investigate the root cause of SHE complaints put forward by staff members, customers clients and contractors and report the result to the SHEQ Manager
- Coordinate and participate in the investigation of incidents, accidents and near misses
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly SHE reports, statistics and presentations related to SHE performance
- Health and safety documentation for authorities
- Compile project-specific emergency response and preparedness plans
- Conduct site safety Inductions
- Review and update the health and safety plan
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in monitoring and auditing contractor safety performances.
- Experience in implementing Health and Safety in a highly technical, complex industrial environment essential
- Well experienced in Company standards and programs requirements in order to pass on knowledge and requirements to others
- National Senior Certificate / Matric
- SAMTRAC Certificate or equivalent occupational SHE training
- National Diploma or equivalent in Health & Safety Management
- First Aid level 2 Basic Certificate
- Fire Prevention Certificate
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days