Senior Geotechnical Engineer
An industry-leading company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for supplementing the existing Geotechnical Engineering and Mine Waste Engineering teams, by providing geotechnical analysis, interpretation, and design for a range of civil, geotechnical, and mining projects. The ideal candidate needs to be proficient in the field of geotechnical engineering and engineering geology with an emphasis on soil and rock mechanics.
- Management of the Fourways office geotechnical team.
- Assisting the national Geotechnical Discipline Manager with business development.
- Tender and contract documentation preparation for the geotechnical engineering aspects of engineering projects and
- geotechnical investigations.
- Planning of field investigations, monitoring programmes and laboratory testing.
- Supervision and management of field investigations, monitoring programmes and laboratory testing.
- Geotechnical analysis and modelling.
- Preparation of geotechnical factual and interpretive reports.
- Supervision of geotechnical activities for engineering construction projects.
- A Civil Engineering or Engineering Geology degree.
- At least 10 years of experience in geotechnical planning, site investigation, laboratory testing, analysis, and reporting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/365 and associated applications.
- Proficiency in geotechnical analysis and modelling software would be an advantage.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must have a valid passport and be willing to travel internationally.
- Professional registration with ECSA (PrEng) or SACNASP (PrSciNat) in South Africa. Alternatively, relevant professional registration in countries outside of South Africa would also be considered.
- Sound writing and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong mentoring skills.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Project and team management skills.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days