Senior Food Technologist
A leading food manufacturing company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Senior Food Technologist to join their team.
The Senior Food Technologist will train, coach and mentor all staff on quality awareness, personal and factory hygiene, foreign object exclusion, allergen exclusion, glass breakage and high-risk procedures, cleaning practices etc. It is your responsibility to manage the growth and development of subordinates through skills transfer and controlled rotation within the technical function
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and controlling the Quality Controllers and their respective duties.
- Assist in management of the food technologists rolls and responsibilities.
- Verification of process flows and communication triggers to the Food safety team.
- Trending of customer complaints, reviewing investigations, assist in corrective action plans.
- Manage traceability studies & product recalls.
- Assist with communication to customer on technical matters.
- Tracking verification in terms of audit plan and corrective actions internally and externally.
- Assist in managing Non-conformance closure and follow – ups.
- Assist in managing and verification of Shopware electronic quality control system.
- Manage the growth and development of subordinates through skills transfer and controlled rotation within the technical function
- Inspire and motivate all internal customers towards improved end product quality – Cultivate a quality culture
- Ensure that quality control in the factory consistently adds value, is innovative and is strictly maintained
- Ensure that all manufacturing and processing standards are up to date and issued/Displayed
- Troubleshoot on miscellaneous technical issues in the plant
- Investigate any issues pertaining to assigned lines
- Take part in daily taste panels and address any issues pertaining to their particular lines
- Evaluate daily internal rejection figures and take action as required
- Ensure all paperwork has been completed. Perform daily administration of quality/process control documents, instituting corrective action as required
- Maintain and upgrade the traceability system in the factory and highlight any deviations from the agreed system
- Enforce identification and dating of all raw and wrapping materials, WIP and finished goods
- Initiate remedial, corrective and preventative action when required
- Ensure that QC samples are selected and forwarded as required
- Ensure that proper operational methods and personnel practices are upheld in accordance with GMP and the Code of Conduct
- Undertake investigation into any customer complaints received. Provide formal feedback on designated document
- Communicate all complaints to the respective Supervisors and managers
- Undertake any trial / new product trial runs
- Up-grading and maintaining documentation for particular lines
- HACCP reviews on all new products
- Process audits on relevant lines as required in the problem-solving process
- Coach relevant supervisory and operational staff during corrective action exercises
- Compile and issue specifications (green) immediately upon adjusting either formulation or process
- Monitor corrected processes for deviation from the new standard until acceptable levels of rejects and waste are consistently achieved
- Review micro results on a daily basis and take necessary action
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Technology
- Knowledge of FSSC 22000 principles
- MS Office
- 3-5 years’ technical experience in the field of Food Manufacturing Company
- Driver’s license
- Willing to work shifts and weekends
- Management & WW presentations, compiling and presenting.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days