A leading mining company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Project Engineer to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Manage the engineering portion of capital projects including design, procurement, construction work, commissioning and hand-over in order to deliver project objectives.
- Ensure engineering activities are completed within time limits and budget constraints.
- Maintain awareness of technical developments in the engineering fields.
- Provide safe and secure working environment by communicating and enforcing sound safety, environmental, quality and security practises.
- Effectively manage company resources within the area of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with technical specifications in order to ensure quality installations.
- Assist in project planning and cost budgeting to facilitate project approval.
- Effectively manage and co-ordinate contractor activities to meet project objectives.
- Ensure effective communication with internal customers to facilitate project objectives.
- Relevant NQF Level 6 qualification in Mechanical- or Electrical Engineering essential.
- Government Certificate of Competency (GCC – Factories) compulsory.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant engineering and chemical plant experience required.
- Sound experience in construction work management / supervision essential.
- Experience in OSH Act related responsibilities, process plan construction and maintenance will be a definite advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of engineering principles, applicable legislation, project management tools and techniques required.
- Must have adequate knowledge of finance in the project management environment.
- Sound judgement skills to determine best practises.
- Effective business communication-, financial management-, problem solving-, planning- and time management skills required.
- Medically fit for both PMR and BMR.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days
About Hire Resolve