Engineering Planner & Buyer
A leading food manufacturing company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Engineering Planner & Buyer to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Maintain and improve the planned maintenance programme for all equipment in the manufacturing division.
- Ensuring the pm programme is maintained, to assist all engineering managers in the planning of scheduled maintenance and maintenance of shutdowns, to prepare and distribute the engineering management information required for planning and decision making.
- Responsible for the management of the engineering store and procurement of all relevant spares and consumables as well as the overseeing of the relevant services contacts.
- Perform ad hoc tasks as and when required.
- Function as 2IB for Engineering Department when required.
- Establish and maintain a planned maintenance and information system.
- Provide support to engineering personnel for the planning of scheduled maintenance.
- Planning and execution of departmental projects in the different manufacturing divisions.
- Prepare weekly reports on labour, material costs and work performance.
- Prepare monthly engineering performance reports.
- Accumulate services consumption and prepare the associated cost schedule for accruals provisions and statutory reporting.
- Manage and control four staff reporting into this position (Planning clerk, 3 x stores clerks)
- Responsible for the correct procurement and ordering of engineering, site consumables and the overseeing of relevant service control.
- Responsible for the effective running of the engineering store
- Perform any additional tasks required by management
- BCom in Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- Qualified Millwright or relevant trade.
- Strong technical background within a FMCG Manufacturing Environment – Experience within food manufacturing with packaging experience would be an advantage.
- Exposure to HACCP and food safety auditing.
- Must have 5-8 years project experience.
- 5-8 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Required to work overtime due to operational requirements.
- Computer literacy MS (Word / Excel / Power Point)
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days