Our client is currently seeking talented, innovative iOS developers to develop applications for a variety of devices and environments.
This client is one of the top software development and testing companies on the continent. With remote and hybrid options, their vision is to be South Africa’s favourite custom software solutions & services company, with a global footprint. Starting as custom business software developers over 20 years ago, they’ve grown to become an international software development company that assists clients with digital transformation across many industries – with offices in South Africa, the UK and the Netherlands and clients globally, and over 600 employees.
A successful applicant will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the most established developers in the country, with the latest technologies. This company is committed to continuously training its staff, and they are very proud of its culture of learning, from internal speaking and training to sponsoring a variety of technical events. They believe that if their team are stimulated, empowered and valued, their organisation will be driven, effective and sustainable. Additional highlights listed by team members are the above market remuneration and performance bonuses, maternity and paternity benefits, company-paid group life and disability cover, 20 days annual leave, generous contribution towards training and certification, high spec developer machines, and flexible working conditions (remote, office or hybrid).
- Development of applicants for a variety of iOS devices (including mobile phones and tablet computers)
- Integrating developed applications with back-end services
- Working alongside other team engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure
- Collaborating with the design team to define app features
- Ensuring quality and performance of the application to specifications
- Identifying potential problems and resolving application bottlenecks
- Fixing application bugs before the final release
- Publishing applications
- Maintaining the code and atomization of applications
- Designing and implementing application updates
An individual will succeed in this role if they are committed to:
- Collaborative problem-solving,
- Sophisticated design
- The creation of quality products
- Innovation and creativity
Education and Experience
- 4+ years of working experience with iOS development
- Proficient with Objective-C or Swift (depending on project requirements)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI / UX standards
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.