Intermediate Actuarial Specialist
The client is seeking an actuarial student to fulfil the role of Intermediate Actuarial Specialist in their Assurance Product department, supporting the Business Insights Actuary. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing actuarial analysis, data preparation, reporting and developing the related capabilities.
A nationwide leader and Financial Service Provider in the insurance sector is looking for an Intermediate Actuarial Specialist to join their Assurance Product department. They are a leader in the Group Risk Products market – this market position has been achieved through a focus on consistency in service excellence and product innovation. They offer a wide range of life, disability and income protection benefits as well as added value services such as funeral support services.
At this business, they accept, respect and embrace the uniqueness of their employees – encouraging their employees to embrace each other’s diversity, and promoting inclusivity in all their interactions. A successful applicant will become part of a company where potential is revealed and growth is inevitable. This business offers health, maternity and study benefits as well as employee well-being programmes.
- Development and maintenance of tools to analyze actuarial and business data
- Support in the management of, and reporting on, international pooling arrangements
- Review and analysis of valuation data, processes and results of group risk products’ performance.
- Input into the improvement and development of GAP data and systems
- Automation of models and business processes
- Provide technical oversight and support, for group risk products, in particular, to finance and servicing areas
- May participate in the pricing of (large) group risk arrangements
Education and Experience
- Actuarial student with a minimum of 9 credits
- At least 2 years of actuarial experience
- Group Assurance pricing experience would be an advantage
- Experience in the Group Risk or Employee Benefits industry would be an advantage
- Experience in using VBA, SQL, R, Tableau or Power BI would be an advantage
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days