Actuarial Risk Analyst (IFRS 17)
An industry-leading company situated in La Lucia, KwaZulu-Natal is currently seeking the expertise of an experienced Actuarial Risk Analyst to join their team.
The role will provide exposure to valuations, Solvency Assessment and Management (SAM), reporting, budgeting, product development and pricing, risk and reinsurance management and other actuarial areas.
You will be involved in a wide range of areas, including:
- Completion of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual valuations according to the IFRS and SAM requirements
- Assisting with IFRS 17 development and implementation
- Assisting with the Annual Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) process
- Maintaining and updating models (Prophet and other macros)
- Developing and pricing of new/updated products and ongoing maintenance
- Producing management information reports for circulation to senior management
- Assisting with the setting and reviewing of Risk registers and Risk Appetite Statements
- Calculations and reporting required in terms of the different reinsurance treaties
- Assisting with the experience investigations and assumption setting for valuation purposes
- Completing the Conduct of Business Returns (CBRs)
- Assisting with the actuarial components of the annual budget process
- Other ad-hoc items
What do you need?
- Mathematics, Statistics or Actuarial Science Degree
- At least 2 years experience in one or more of the focus areas
- Progress with the Actuarial Exams
- IFRS17 experience
- Prophet experience
The role would suit you if you are…
- Analytical, ambitious and loves to get involved in a range of different tasks
- Comfortable engaging and communicate with people from different departments, and different seniority levels as well as external partners
- Accurate, pay attention to detail and take accountability for your work
- Creative, adaptable, innovative and delivery focused
- Pragmatic in your application of theoretical results
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days