An international retail cloud services company is looking for an ambitious Java Developer to join their talented team in Johannesburg.
This client of ours is an acclaimed global player in cloud services for retail, with over 50 employees across their Johannesburg, Cape Town, and Durban offices. They are transforming the retail industry through cutting-edge cloud technology and award-winning software. As a global industry leader, it is their responsibility to create environments in which knowledge and know-how are constantly expanded.
The incumbent will be working at the pulse of retail innovation, with international exposure. This organisation is defined by its capability of creating exceptional technology to deliver outstanding customer experiences and retail solutions. They place a high value on enabling a creative and diverse working environment that encourages individuals to think outside of the box, take responsibility and create breakthrough solutions.
The successful Java Developer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining Java-based software and applications, contributing to all stages of the software development lifecycle. They thoroughly analyze user requirements, envisioning system features, and define application functionality
- Developing market-leading Java-based Point of Sale solutions in large retail organisations.
- Understanding of SAP retail solution offerings and integration concepts
- UI programming (SWING, HTML5, CSS)
- Integrating third-party solutions (SOAP, REST, iDocs)
- Hardware integration (e.g. card terminal, POS printer, fingerprint sensors)
- Designing, prototyping and implementing new software solutions and extensions
- Creating technical instructions or documentation (UML, Wiki, SDK, etc.)
- Report and line printing using JasperReports, iText
- Strong effective communicator in writing, business presentations and in interpersonal communication.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Capable of dealing with customers and subcontractors at various levels including senior
and executive management
- Capable of showing initiative and out-of-the-box thinking
- Strong business acumen and experience in working with large corporations in a matrix structure
- A motivated, proactive and dynamic individual with a constant desire to learn and improve.
- A goal-driven individual with a strong record of performance and delivering value to customers and bringing new technologies to market.
Education and Experience
- University degree in Information Science, IT specialist or similar education background
- 5+ years developing retail Point of Sale solutions, preferably JAVA based.
- 5+ years of experience developing enterprise solutions in Java.
- Knowledge and understanding of PMLC
- Experience and knowledge in software ergonomics or UI design
- Knowledge of Eclipse, Spring, SVN, Junit, Webservices, GWT, CI (Jenkins, Nexus)
- Good knowledge of SQL for Oracle and/or SQL Server
- Knowledge of the SAP solution and SAP integration
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.