An industry-leading company is currently seeking the expertise of an Operations Manager to join their team in Gauteng.
This leading client is a holding company for several businesses in the agricultural and logistics value chain. Its growth and success are fueled by the mission statement of creating and adding value for all the stakeholders consisting of clients, personnel and shareholders. They are constantly working to create a better future for everyone who is involved with them. Change motivates them to transcend norms and set new benchmarks; this philosophy keeps them relevant, on top of new developments and sensitive to market indicators.
The company’s values include positivity, integrity, superior client service and adaptability – staff note that working for this organisation includes a varied and exciting working environment, presenting different challenges daily that any successful applicant will be able to overcome and excel in with the support of the caring and family-value-based management.
The focus of this role is on production support, people management, financial measurement and control. The Operations Manager must ensure profitability, effectiveness and efficiency of the processing and storage facilities within the group.
Responsible for efficiently managing and driving the profitability of the following entities:
- A lucerne (alfalfa) processing plant, the warehouse of which can store approximately 12,000 tons of Big Pack bales (depending on bale size). The facility aims to store and transport producers’ lucerne as effectively as possible, and to add value by grading and milling lucerne using the best equipment in the country.
- A business producing technologically advanced products in the animal feed sector – particularly, the production and sale of bypass proteins to improve energy yields in livestock
- A silo bag depot, focused on the storage of grain. The facility has a capacity of 40 000 tons and is equipped with the latest grading equipment, a weighbridge, and an electronic stock management system. The highly trained staff at this facility ensures the correct grading and management procedures of all products at their depot.
- Excellent administration and management skills.
- Ability to build and maintain key internal and external relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and achieve results.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage several priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong project management and coordination skills.
- Proficient in the creation and execution of strategic initiatives.
- Advanced capability in all aspects of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to understand Afrikaans.
- Strong numerical skills with good attention to detail and ability to manage budgets.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial and operational reports
Education and Experience
- A degree or other relevant qualification in engineering and/or business
- 10+ years in a Bulk Production environment. (Agri processing advantageous)
- Experience in labour best practices and employee motivation will be advantageous
- Experience in process efficiencies will be beneficial
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.