This well-established mining client of ours is looking for an ambitious, hardworking Miner to join their talented extraction team in the Northern Cape.
The Miner will aid in controlling the ore extraction process to ensure optimal utilisation of people and equipment, to obtain production targets. They will need to have a good understanding of safety, standards, and mining operations and be able to work efficiently and consistently within a mine environment.
- Conduct general mining activities
- Control the utilisation of allocated resources and additional resources
- Identify deviations or non-conformances, plan and implement corrective action to ensure attainment of the product plan
- Install, maintain, support and remove temporary support in mining excavations
- Monitor and maintain a safe and healthy working environment in the workplace
- Collecting, handling, transporting and sorting explosives
- Examining and assessing workplaces as safe and healthy for work
- Planning, controlling, leading and organising repairs and breakdowns
- Testing, monitoring and controlling gasses
- Supervising and executing blasting operations, including preparing working face blasting, charging up of faces and sites, conducting blasting, and treating misfires
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Effective communicator
- Able to excel at work under high-intensity pressures (environmental and workload)
- Able to give and receive feedback, acute interpersonal skills
- Excellent job focus, not easily distracted
- Acutely aware of safety standards and requirements
- Excellent working memory
- Able to pick up and retain new skills quickly
- Adaptable and professional
Education and Experience
- Grade 12
- Blasting certificate (Hardrock Mining)
- 3 years experience in mining after obtaining a blasting certificate
- Valid driver’s license
- Drill Rig and LHD operation experience/certification will be advantageous
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.