A well-known company is currently seeking an ambitious and highly motivated Warehouse Manager to join their team in Johannesburg.
Our client is a South African logistics branch of a larger international conglomerate. It has grown to become the world’s top 10 players in freight forwarding and logistics with a powerful network spread across 106 countries, 607 sites with over 20,000 employees – one of the fastest growing business sectors within their parent company group. They pride themselves on having developed specific expertise in providing end-to-end supply chain solutions, tailored to their customers’ growth and constantly driving innovation to adapt and better cater to their evolving needs.
At this business, they strongly believe in people-powered innovation -the principle that it’s their team who brought them to where they are right now, and it’ll be those selfsame people who bring the organisation to greater heights. There are substantial development and training resources provided to employees, to enable them to reach their full potential both within and outside the company. The culture is incredibly diverse, and the working environment allows for healthy autonomy and minimal oversight provided excellence is achieved.
The Warehouse Manager will be part of a larger team within the Warehouse department leading and managing all aspects of a logistics operation to ensure consistent service quality, customer satisfaction, administering inventory & documentation, and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain excellent service to internal and external customers
- Inventory administration
- Set up break bulk files and consolidate all documents into categories
- Prepare and assist with physical inventory & stock audit
- Monitor the rotation of inventory levels by observing the movements of materials and spare parts
- Alert the supervisor of unusual findings, deviations, or predictable troubles
- Taking a lead role across the following components: Productivity, Quality, Environment, Safety, Inventory Accuracy
- Supervise and ensure orders are processed in a timely and accurate manner
- Analyse operational information gathered to identify potential problems or discrepancies to troubleshoot and problem rectification
- Constantly review and explore effective operational methods to achieve higher productivity in the area of responsibilities
- Motivate staff involved with the operations of the program to develop entrepreneurial and initiative ideas
- Maintain warehouse housekeeping & workplace safety
- Resource optimisation
- Managing the profitability of the appointed operations
- Additional functions as mandated by Management
Education and Experience
- 5 years of warehouse operation experience
- 3 years or above experience in supervision level
- Import & Export knowledge
- Experience with Manhattan WMS
- Customer service experience desirable
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.