A leading retail company situated in Cape Town is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Production Planner to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Review high-level demand planning and ensure it is aligned with manufacturing capacity
- Plan and schedule production across different manufacturing units
- Ensure that products are planned are aligned to the manufacturing lines’ capability
- Ensure the production plan drives on-time customer delivery
- Effectively communicate production schedule to all stakeholders and manage expectations with the internal design and sales team.
- Manage internal team to ensure styles are production ready in time for production
- Assist work-study and production with technical information such as line balancing and production layouts
- Assist work study in setting up operation targets
- Review operational target and adjust the production plan accordingly
- Take ownership of the planning board and ensure it is a true reflection of the actual production plan.
- Identify areas of improvement
- Conduct effective RCA and draw up action plans accordingly
- Assist with building a culture of problem solving and continuous improvement
- Help develop standard production reports that should form input to continuous improvement
- Develop planning reports to ensure we don’t have supply issues and deliver on time
- Constantly communicate delivery status and potential capacity constraints
- Conduct feasibility studies where required
- Identify shifts in product requirements and help draw up training and action plans to create capacity for new product requirements
- BEng industrial engineering degree from a university or B-tech Industrial Engineering from a Technicon
- 5+ years’ experience in process mapping and continuous improvement
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own transport
- Highly proficient in excel
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Any production planning software experience would be advantages
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.