Graduate Structural Engineer
An industry-leading client of ours is currently looking for the expertise of a talented and ambitious Graduate Structural Engineer.
You’ll ensure that structures are safe and strong. As a structural engineer, you’ll spend time both in our office – designing and planning project details – and on-site where you’ll provide technical advice to construction workers.
To succeed in this role, you should have hands-on experience using several construction methods and materials and advanced knowledge of AutoCAD. Project management and analytical skills are also very important.
- Preparing reports, designs and drawings
- Making calculations about loads and stresses
- Selecting appropriate construction materials
- Providing technical advice
- Obtaining planning and/or building regulations approval
- Liaising with relevant professional staff such as architects
- Monitoring and inspecting work is undertaken by contractors
- Administering contracts
- Managing projects
- Inspecting properties to check conditions/foundations.
- Relevant BSc or BEng Degree
- Industrial and Commercial Building Experience
- Must Reside in Cape Town
- Competence in designing structural elements to Eurocodes: beams, columns, foundations, portal frames, and retaining walls in steel and concrete.
- Have an awareness of timber design.
- Competence with the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability in the use of AutoCAD 2014.
- Ability to produce hand-drawn sketches.
- Awareness of the use of NBS specifications and analysis software
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days