Risk Insurance Manager
A leading diversified mine is looking for a Risk Insurance Manager to join their team in Gauteng.
- Asset and insurance management
- Understand sound asset management programs and ability to implement, in conjunction with the business a range of asset management programs to limit, manage and prevent operational losses.
- Advise operations and corporate on technical risk engineering to influence decision making with respect to maintaining asset optimisation and business continuity.
- Understand and manage a world-class insurance program that includes varying degrees of a risk financing/ self-retention strategy as well as traditional short-term and long-term insurance mechanisms to deal with the group’s risk transfer requirements.
- Be familiar with and experienced in the administration of all insurance policies, insurance declarations and claims management processes.
- Collect insurance renewal data for annual renewal purposes.
- Analyse renewal declarations from operations to ensure accurate information is relayed to the market.
- Risk Strategy
- Implement strategy, as informed by the Executive: Risk and Sustainability, to ensure that risk management principles, frameworks and processes are embedded in the business.
- Identify, evaluate, and regularly review long and short-term risks and report on their impact on the organisation and stakeholders to warrant alignment to the ERM and Business Continuity Strategies.
- Review risk management policies and procedures annually for alignment to the ERM Strategy to guide the business.
- Facilitate internal training and implementation on Risk Appetite and Tolerance (RAT) to support the achievement of the organisation’s objectives.
- Business Continuity
- Implement the Business Continuity Management (BCM) strategy to institute the appropriate risk management measures to treat and contain any business interruptions that may occur.
- Review the BCM strategy annually to formulate future business continuity plans based on potential risks identified.
- Conduct business vulnerability analyses and business impact analyses for operations and corporate to identify threats and risks posed on the operational environment and facilitate the necessary cost-effective treatment solutions to identified vulnerabilities.
- Develop business continuity plans based on business vulnerability analysis processes in operations and corporate to prepare for a successful recovery in the case of a risk catastrophic event.
- Risk identification and risk assessment
- Prepare corporate level risk assessments for different divisions, functions, and operations in the organisation, to update and maintain their risk profiles.
- Extract information through facilitation and conduct data analysis, to determine prevalent risks, develop solutions appropriately and identify opportunities for risk treatment.
- Facilitate risk workshops at operations, and at functional and corporate levels to verify that outlined risk tasks have been applied in the relevant departments. – Develop risk profiles for corporate and operations to inform strategic decision making.
- Develop and deliver monthly and quarterly reports to management forums, Group Governance Committees and operations on the updated risk profiles, the organisation’s risk profile, risk limits and risk events to keep all relevant stakeholders abreast on risk exposures of the organisation.
- Prepare reports for Joint Venture sustainable development purposes on identified risks and mitigating factors.
- Report audience specific data to cater for internal and external stakeholder objectives and needs in the business.
- Stakeholder Management
- Identify, map and manage the unique requirements and expectations of the business stakeholders to align risk requirements and develop treatment strategies.
- Build and maintain relations with internal and external stakeholders to identify vested interests and solutions to how they would be affected by identified risks.
- Provide training to ensure adoption of ERM strategy to capacitate internal and external stakeholders, assuring that all engagements are aligned to the strategy.
- Manage service provider engagements to assess risks and accountabilities associated with provision of services in order to identify risks and opportunities for the business.
- Risk Performance Management
- Identify leading and lagging key performance indicators to monitor progress of the business.
- Assess commitment to reducing residual risks to tolerable levels to effectively manage risks on an ongoing basis.
- Provide risk performance feedback, to account for projected risks, through measuring performance against the ERM and Business Continuity strategies.
- Member of IRMSA or previous experience with industry bodies
- 8 -10 years in a senior management role
- 7+ years of experience
Education & certificates:
- Minimum NQF7 qualification (degree)
- Postgraduate degree advantageous.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
You are welcome to connect with: Jessica Davies, Merina Naicker, Shannon Watson or Lindy-Lee du Plessis on LinkedIn or contact them on 021 551 8638 and use any of the following extensions; Jessica 312, Merina 504, Shannon or Lindy on 514
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days