Finance Controller (Merchandise Planning)
A leading retailer is looking for an experienced Finance Controller (Merchandise Planning) to join their team in Cape Town.
The successful candidate will generate, monitor, and advise Category Buyers on the category’s financial KPIs and performance. to support the delivery of ad hoc initiatives and reports that have been identified.
- Create and suggest business plans that emphasize category-specific expansion.
- Find process changes that focus on performance, quality, job efficiency, or cost cutting, and recommend them.
- During negotiations, adheres to the proper company procedures, values, and governing laws and regulations, making sure that agreements are structured by these regulatory controls; escalates complex legal and/or regulatory issues and, as necessary, seeks advice from the proper resources.
- Get thorough information and facts from a variety of sources, ensuring the data’s legitimacy, accuracy, and quality.
- Convert the facts, knowledge, and conclusions into clear, useful recommendations that improve company planning.
- Provide your professional expertise to the forecast or budget for the period to ensure that it reflects category strategy and aims.
- Develop, implement, and monitor budgets to ensure performance objectives are met.
- Create, carry out, and keep track of action plans to guarantee the achievement of financial objectives, including estimating financial needs and incorporating adequate contingency planning.
- Recognize important market factors and industry trends, then apply your understanding to improve merchandising.
- Provide monthly reports and dashboards with a complete breakdown of all factors affecting financial.
- Relevant Finance Degree/ Diploma
- Minimum 2 years of Finance experience OR
- Minimum 4 Years of retail management experience in Merchandise Planning (FMCG Environment)
- Strong Advanced Excel Skills
- Proficiency In SAP and BW
- Affinity for Numbers
- Ability to understand Financial Postings
- Strong Commercial and Financial acumen
- Sound Business Insight
- Presentation Skills
- Networking and Liaison
- Flexibility and Resilient
- Judgement and decision making
- Solid problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Drive and deadline driven.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days