Electrical Construction Supervisor (Resident Engineer)
An industry-leading company situated in the Northern Cape is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Electrical Construction Supervisor (Resident Engineer) to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Health and Safety: Provide active and demonstrable support to the HSE Officers to enforce the HSE Plan on site
- Environmental: Guide and support the contractors to ensure compliance with the project EMPr’s
- Electrical Construction Management: Ensure BOP contractors comply with its construction contracts
- Document Management: Assist the Document Controller with site-generated project documentation
- Commercial: Assist Construction Site Manager and Commercial team with supporting document compilation for Project milestone payment claims.
- Reporting: Support internal team with reporting and preparation of external reporting to the Client
- Quality: Support the Quality Manager during the quality process
- Design and Engineering Support: Support Owner’s Engineer with electrical engineering designs on site and review Technical Acceptance procedures from the contractors
- Planning: Support the project team with Cold and Hot Commissioning, Grid Connection, Grid Code Testing, and COD
- Effectively communicate company values and objectives on site.
- Above average report writing skill, with good spelling and grammar acumen
- High social and intercultural competence
- Good communication skills – reliable and trustworthy
- Detail orientated– able to follow up on details, monitor and report on progress
- Good team worker with sense of the common good
- Level-headed leadership
- Proactive, with high level of entrepreneurship, energy level and motivation
- Strong negotiating ability with workforce
- Analytical thinking with focus on customer and goal achievement
- An excellent working knowledge of MS Office
- Willingness to be site-based in Northern Cape for the full duration of the project
- General technical acumen
- Speaks and writes English fluently
- Good knowledge of another language is an advantage
- In possession of a valid driver’s license
- Medically fit
- Minimum 10 years work experience as electrical site engineer or electrical construction supervisor, with at least 4 years’ experience on renewable projects
- Exposure and knowledge to multiple project execution will be an added advantage
Education & certificates:
- Tertiary qualification in an Engineering or Construction field (BSc, BTech or equivalent as a minimum)
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.