We are partnering with a leading Engineering Consulting firm who are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to be based in their Durban office.
- BSc/BEng in Civil Engineering
- ECSA Registration as a Professional Engineer (Pr Eng)
- Minimum 10+ years’ design experience
- Commercial building experience
- Form part of a multi-disciplinary team and lead the structural department.
- Prepare detailed designs of reinforced concrete, steel and timber structures.
- Production of AutoCAD and Revit structural engineering drawings and models
- Production of reinforcement drawings and bending schedules.
- Conduct site inspections and condition assessments on all types of structural engineering projects.
- Preparation of reports for all stages of project implementation, including inception, feasibility/ business plans, concept & viability, design development, tender & procurement, close-out etc.
- Overall contract/project management, including interaction with clients, contractors & other stakeholders, attendance of progress meetings, preparation of payment certificates, dealing with contractual claims etc.
- Management of multi-disciplinary teams, junior staff and supervision of drawings, designs, reports etc.
- Preparation of tender documentation, including specification writing, bill of quantities and drawings
- Attend to all financial aspects required on the projects, which will include compiling of invoices, cost estimates for tendering purposes, compiling Bills of Quantities and reporting.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days