Maintenance Team Leader
A leading automotive manufacturing company situated in Durban is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Maintenance Team Leader to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Managing the assigned maintenance team to provide competent and effective Mechanical, Electrical & Building services, required for maintaining all plants & facilities.
- Manage the provision of breakdown assistance required to ensure optimum uptime of all production equipment within the Assembly, Heat Exchange & Logistics Divisions.
- Supervise the provision of a competent & effective plant engineering & preventative maintenance service to the Assembly, Heat Exchange & Logistics Divisions.
- Oversee & coordinate the carrying out of any planned preventative maintenance required as per the preventative maintenance schedules.
- Ensure maintenance activities are carried out to an acceptable standard, in compliance with relevant applicable codes & regulations.
- Develop & maintain a spares holding plan to ensure optimum uptime of plant & facilities.
- Manage & coordinate efficient & effective facility moves, installations & commissioning of plant, equipment & services.
- Oversee on-site contractors that fall within the Plant Engineering scope of work.
- Manage the purchasing & ordering of non-stock purchases required by/for Plant Engineering.
- Maintain a safe working environment, including applicable legal requirements.
- Maintain the company’s ISO Audit status concerning Environment, Health & Safety
- Manage KPIs of sub-ordinates.
- Manage & control maintenance equipment & tooling.
- Supervise & control sub-contractors as and when engaged by the company for alteration work to machinery, facilities, building and property.
- Develop & implement start-up & shut down-operating procedures for facilities.
- Work & manage Company Shutdowns as required.
- Repair various specialised electrical, and electronic circuit boards
- Be abreast of the codes & regulations governing the industry.
- An Artisan trade qualification and N5 or an S4 in Mechanical or Light Current Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification. (Must be trade tested, millwright favourable).
- 7 years of related experience as an artisan or supervisor in a Plant Maintenance Department.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days