A leading chemical manufacturing company situated in KwaZulu-Natal is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Maintenance Foreman to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Plan and fulfill maintenance resource and budget requirements.
- Maintain costs within budget and minimize downtime.
- Actively seek to improve maintenance methods, whilst striving towards a planned maintenance system.
- Ensure that all staff are adequately trained and motivated to achieve optimal performance in their areas of responsibility.
- To be able to promote within technical skills and cross training must be continually upgraded.
- Ensure that the OHS Act, NOSA, ISO 9000, Hazchem and Permit standards are maintained and that all staff are fully trained in this regard.
- Ensure that all legal compliance requirements are met.
- Promote teamwork and co-operation, both within the department and with internal customers.
- Stand in for any subordinate when required.
- To ensure that housekeeping standards are always maintained, actively working at reducing waste generation and seeking ways to recycle material.
- Identify all critical equipment and keep an updated register with all calibration certificates.
- Ensure that all maintenance needs are met on site by processing job cards, work permits etc. as per procedures.
- All procedures related to plant modifications, however small, are followed and fully documented.
- Qualified Millwright (Trade Tested)
- A minimum of 5 years’ supervisory experience with strong leadership skills and good work ethic, must be willing to work overtime and standby.
- Must have chemical and manufacturing experience.
- Planning of maintenance tasks and breakdowns.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Computer literacy.
- A knowledge of Sage will be advantageous.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days
About Hire Resolve