An industry-leading company situated in Durban is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Electrical Engineer to join their team.
- Prepare 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings of advanced complexity with the help of
- Good understanding of the design principles related to the following systems:
- MV and LV Overhead Lines;
- MV Switchgear;
- LV Switchgear;
- Motor Control Centres;
- Lighting and small power;
- Earthing and Lightning Protection;
- Generator Installations;
- UPS Installations;
- CCTV Installations;
- Fire Detection Installations;
- Access Control Installations;
- Building and Parking Management System Installations;
- Energy Efficiency and Green Building Installations;
- Exposure to solar, wind and alternative energy system will be an added advantage.
- Deliver Electrical documents and drawings including, but not limited to, the following:
- Design calculations;
- Single Line Diagrams;
- Equipment Lay-outs;
- Schematic Diagrams;
- Racking and Routing Drawings;
- General Arrangement Drawings;
- Cable Block Diagrams;
- Panel General Arrangement Drawings.
- Progress Reports and Meetings;
- Design Criteria; Design Report; Specifications;
- Equipment Data Sheets;
- Cable Schedules
- BOQ inputs; Tender Documentation Compilation
- Perform system design reviews.
- Perform field surveys
- Pr. Eng / Pr. Tech Eng
Minimum 10 years of relevant Electrical Building Services and Rural Electrification design experience.
- Reporting to Management, the incumbent will be responsible for all electrical design activities.
- Strong knowledge of electrical design requirements & practices through the various project execution phases.
- Experience on green and brown fields projects and/or projects requiring integration with existing systems.
- Sound communication, negotiation, interpersonal and coordination skills.
- Must be able to function well in a small team environment. Must be able to deliver the electrical design in totality.
- Will be required to travel to project sites, on an as needed basis, to support the design and/or construction activities.
- Tender experience with creating tender documents, presentation at bid specification committees and providing tender evaluation reports.
- Revit (Advantageous)
- Good understanding of Integrated Design Tools e.g. Bentley Microstation, SmartPlant or DesSoft and Power Office.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.