Control and Instrumentation Technician
A leading steel manufacturing company situated in Mpumalanga is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Control and Instrumentation Technician to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Provide first-line maintenance support to ensure 24-hour coverage in order to enhance plant availability, product quality and cost
- Perform a combination of Electrical and Instrumentation tasks
- Test spares that have been repaired
- Maintain store items (spares) and identify and manage LRUs
- Work in close relation with other Instrumentation Techs, Electricians and Millwrights
- Standby duties
- Perform standard and shutdown schedules and tasks
- Implementing optimisation and new capital projects.
- Provide a service to production to minimize delay times and solve reoccurring delays
- Minimum qualification of N6 diploma, S4 or BTech in Electrical/Instrumentation Engineering with at least 5 years for the senior C&I and 3 years for the Junior C&I of experience in a metals manufacturing industry: furnaces, hot and cold rolling and or other heavy engineering industries.
- The ideal candidate must have fault finding and programming/commissioning experience on AC and DC variable speed Drives (ABB / Siemens / Nidec)
- Experience in Electrical distribution i.e motor testing and electrical fault finding (525V)
- Sound knowledge of process instrumentation and PID control loops
- Knowledge of radiation detection systems will be an advantage
- The ideal candidate would have done programming and fault finding on Siemens PLC’s, Rockwell or ABB (Siemens S5, S7, or 1500, TIA portal),
- Knowledge of gas installations, as well as ladle and vessel burners, will be an advantage
- Ability to do report writing and data trending or analysis for reliability engineering will be an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and meet work deadlines with attention to detail
- The ideal candidate would also be able to do programming and fault-finding on SCADA Systems (Intouch &WinCC).
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days