An industry-leading company is currently seeking the expertise of an experienced and talented Warehouse Manager to join their team in Johannesburg, Gauteng.
The client company is a world leader in the development and production of innovative solutions, serving a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Their success is first and foremost the story of their employees: with individual motivation, endless enthusiasm and growing knowledge, members of their teams are the primary reason they have been able to achieve their considerable market capital.
The client offers a stable basis for growth: long-term thinking and relationships based on trust are the fundamental values of their corporate philosophy. Mutual appreciation is a non-negotiable, allowing all team members to move forward together with dedication and courage to overcome challenges. Commitment and team spirit are key attributes that allow employees to succeed best in this business.
The key areas of responsibility include stock management, ensuring accurate inventory, maintaining and optimising warehouse standards, managing damage occurrences and ameliorating their impact, leading the warehouse team, and managing warehouse budget and control.
- Defining the way how goods are stored to achieve maximum warehouse utilization
- Continuously optimizing the warehouse layout to improve the flow of the goods
- Identifying non-turning pallets and initiate corresponding measures
- Ensure proper execution of standard warehouse processes (storage, consolidation, shipping and receiving) and exception handling
- Organizing warehouse inventory takings
- Manage technical equipment and warehouse infrastructure and suppliers
- Maximize availability of technical equipment and warehouse infrastructureby monitoring maintenance plans. Taking appropriate steps should damages happen
- Schedules pickup, deliveries and repairs for vendors to ensure a smooth operating warehouse (i.e.waste, fuel, forklift, equipment, etc.)
- Ensure HSE compliance and cleanliness of the warehouse
- Supervising warehouse associates and ensuring most efficient team activity possible
- Assessing training needs of staff and ensuring execution of training
- Organizing of shift staffing
- Organizing of external staff to cover absences and workload peaks
- Ensuring all employees understand and follow company policies and procedures
- Analyzing warehouse optimization potentials
- Get quotations from and negotiate with suppliers
- Liaise with customers in relations with shipments
- Represent warehouse interests
- Budget and Controlling
- Determine investment needs (new or replacement)
- Define and initiate measures based on target performance comparison and interpretation of available KPI’s
- Invoice checking
- Responsible to report any risks identified for Quality and Food Safety Management where food contact product is produced in the plant
- Ensure on-going awareness of Quality, Food Safety, Environmental and Health and Safety Management
- Ensure housekeeping and general areas facilitates a tidy, neat Environment
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience in leading teams and maintaining standards of cleanliness, organisation and systems
- Safety awareness and quality consciousness
- Personal integrity and accountability
- Ability to give and receive feedback
- Natural leader
Education and Experience
- 3 years bachelor’s degree (Associates) in related field or equivalent
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in Warehousing/Supply Management
- Supervisory experience required, preferably in Warehousing
- Experience in supplier management, budget management
- Certified Forklift Driver and/or Trainer
- Excellent computer skills
- Vehicle and driver’s licence
- Fluent in English, additional languages advantageous
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.