Software Development Manager
A well-established client of ours is looking for a determined and self-driven Software Development Manager to join their hardworking team. Within this role, a successful applicant will be responsible for leading and managing all internal software systems and solutions, as well as leading the software development team and its collective strategies. The incumbent will ideally be based in Cape Town, with full work-from-home functionality when needed.
The company fosters a fast-paced environment, with huge growth potential. Employees note that the quality standards for all departments are exacting and bring out the best from all; the right individual should flourish, provided they embody the values of discipline, personal accountability and industry excellence that the company does.
- Able to write as well as give guidance to the team on how to achieve code which is readable, tested, maintainable, efficient and efficiently documented to meet the needs of the business
- Keeping up to date with and giving guidance on the most suitable software technologies and methodologies for writing and maintaining new and legacy systems
- Liaise and effectively communicate with all relevant stakeholders and internal customers about planning, executing, progress and time frames of projects
- Able to assist with, give input and manage diagnostic testing and debugging procedures
- Ensuring compliance with timekeeping, productive output, discipline and work programs within the department
- Facilitate logistics of jobs including coordination with other departments and stakeholders
- Mentor, guide, monitor and measure the quality and efficiency of the team and their work programs
- Communicate with; and keep the Head of the department up to date about the progress of work; which may require his knowledge, input or support.
- Monitor the quality and efficiency of teams’ work progress and report any issues or possible improvements to the Head of the department
- Effective communication skills
- Hands-on practical approach to the job
- Hard-working and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
- Analytical and inquisitive
- Display a professional work approach
- Logical and detail-orientated methodologies
- Excellent standards in execution
- Commitment to a strong business ethic and integrity
Education and Experience
- B.Sc. Computer Science or a Diploma in Computer Science / Programming or similar
- 15-20 years of relevant experience
- Previous management or leadership skills
- Report tools (Microsoft, SSRS)
- MVVM, MVC
- WCF or equivalent services
- Ability to read Visual Basic code
- Ability to efficiently review code and give constructive input
- Knowledge and Experience with TFS and GIT
- MS SQL design and development experience
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.