A leading retail company situated in Cape Town is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Planner to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Plan price architecture for buyers’ assortments and track to plan accurate weekly forecasts to manage offers and clearance in line with targets.
- Set quarterly newness targets. Brief a balanced range plan to buy based on key assortment factors and range rationalization targets.
- Weekly reprojections to the trade area.
- On-time deliveries to support promo flow.
- Work stocks to achieve targeted WOS.
- Achieve stock availability, sell-through, and stock health targets.
- Ensure all product is briefed online and all briefed product is online.
- Frequent website checks
- Monthly digital competitive shop.
- Build digital/tech knowledge incl. Google Analytics
- Ease of shopping: Curated range of quality products.
- Ensure we are innovative in product and approach.
- Solution-focused: Satisfy a customer’s need.
- Make her life easier: Deliver competitive advantage – What differentiates us?
- Build entrepreneurial spirit: Energy passion, optimism.
- Build a culture of accountability and courage to fail fast.
- Change & Innovation – reward and recognize.
- Focus on digital & tech, self-upskilling, and include a shift to agile.
- Career progression through exposure to projects/other departments
- Tertiary qualification/degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years of Merchandise Planning experience
- Experience in planning – Advantageous
- Strong trader instinct
- Excellent analytical, numeracy, and problem-solving skills
- Can build strong supplier relationships
- Strong organization, planning, and time management skills
- Proficient capabilities in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days