A leading FMCG manufacturing company situated in Cape Town is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Millwright to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- This will include effective planned and reactive maintenance of all company equipment and installations, maintaining the required quality and safety standards at all times.
- Responding to maintenance requests, investigating complaints, and completing the required maintenance work.
- Sourcing of suppliers, obtaining quotes and ordering of services and materials required for maintenance.
- Fault-finding and problem-solving related to equipment.
- Analyze proposed modifications and provide input regarding the implementation of solutions within required timeframes.
- Perform preventative maintenance activities as per the PPM Schedule.
- Reporting on conditions of equipment,
- Advising Management of electrical and mechanical problems and recommending activities to minimize the number of breakdowns.
- Standby and/or attend to call-outs.
- Investigate and analyze the cause and effect of breakdowns on equipment.
- Stocktaking and control of maintenance consumables, also ensuring that required stock levels are maintained.
- Supervision of contractors on site.
- Ensuring compliance with OHS Act, Regulations and company safety rules.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant cGMP, FSSC22000 and company quality standards.
- Reporting incidents and assisting with incident investigations.
- Effective time management, communication and interaction with other departments.
- Ensuring that all supporting documentation is completed within the required timeframes and in the format specified
- Identify where Quality and Safety matters can be improved upon.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Comply with relevant legislative requirements and standards.
- Attend to equipment care and personal safety on an ongoing basis.
- Read, interpret and understand electrical and basic mechanical drawings.
- Promote environmental and safety awareness regarding the potential impact of activities, processes and materials used.
- Performing other related duties as may be reasonably required by Management from time to time.
- Qualified Millwright with Trade Certificate. This qualification could have been obtained through either a formal apprenticeship (Section 13) or Section 28 of the Manpower Training Act.
- 3 years of work experience in a related field, post Apprenticeship, preferably in the Food & Beverage industry.
- Ability to safely conduct maintenance tasks on mechanical, electrical and instrumentation equipment to ensure plant availability and equipment reliability.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Customer-focused, solution-driven, results-oriented and energetic attitude.
- SAP proficiency will be advantageous.
- Fault-finding and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and function well within a team.
- Knowledge of the OHS Act (safety legislation) is essential.
- Safety and quality conscious.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days