A leading beverage company situated in Cape Town is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Logistics Coordinator to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Provide Support and Supervise Customer Service Centre
- Act as a stand-in for the CSC (Customer Service Centre) functions.
- Supply CSCs and Planning with daily updates on Incoming FG and POS per region.
- Supply Operations and Sales with daily updates on direct shipments and the status of the process (move to next month FC not incoming as per requirements).
- Act as an intermediate between 3PL, forwarding agents and suppliers to ensure smooth scheduling of material movements.
- Act in a supervisor and coaching capacity for the CSC’s team.
Account and Payment Reconciliation:
- Verify (Together with the Logistics Manager) all invoices related to the movement of goods, and or service as requested by the Operations department.
- Ensure payments are made and processed in full and on time.
- Ensure all invoice related queries are resolved within acceptable timeframes.
- Together with the CSC’s ensure all POD queries and claims related to goods are processed and resolved.
- Process, keep record and file all documents as required by the business.
- Handle all insurance claims related to product damage or loss with applicable Head Office and Local Clearing Agent.
- Actively partake in any sustainability projects as required by business.
Reporting and Improvement Processes
- Report and track the following monthly:
- All inbound volumes FG and POS per region per location.
- Driving Improvement
- Cost analysis on material movements.
- Report any inefficacies to applicable manager.
- Support further implementation of customers to EDI and SOET when applicable.
- Verify ELIV (AC/DC and TM) processes with 3PL when applicable.
- Stay abreast of best in class processes within Logistics and benchmark regularly.
Tradereach – Visit Placements
- Weekly placements for Coolers and POS to all accounts nationally.
- Assist with ME recon and visibility.
- Report on inbound cargo to applicable pillars.
- Manage the direct container process to end customer, inclusive of redirecting and obtaining POD.
- Inform Supply and Demand planner on all direct movements so as to align on product planning.
- Assist in Daily management of 3PL service providers and vendors.
- Manage report and reconcile all stock ageing.
- Manage Duty Draw Back process and document handling for exports.
- Manage sugar test certificates.
- Ensure all LOA’s are in place and updated for inbounds.
- Proactively implement methods to reduce DET/DEM.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Transport Economics or Logistics that supports supply chain functions.
- Computer literacy (MS Office) non-negotiable.
- SAPICS qualification would be advantageous.
- 5 years experienced in FMCG industry
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days
About Hire Resolve