A leading food manufacturing company situated in Cape Town is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Engineering Manager to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Oversee and manage the implementation of maintenance and preventative maintenance programmes.
- Conduct inspections to assess the quality of work.
- Oversee that employees receive the relevant training and have the adequate qualifications to meet objectives.
- Oversee high-peak production periods.
- Ensures equipment and machinery compliance with production procedures and process specifications related to mechanical, machinery, instrumental & electrical or civil works.
- Ensures plant operates cost-effectively with minimum downtime.
- Maintain in-season and off-season equipment.
- Oversee root cause analysis and fault finding and ensure corrective actions are in place.
- Oversee and manage engineering stores
- Enforce adherence to good manufacturing principles in line with standard operating procedures.
- Manage capital expenditure and lead projects across the business.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve engineering services, performance and operational efficiency.
- Financial Management
- Manage budgets and monitor expenses ensuring expenditure is within the budget.
- Continuously strive to save costs.
- Provide leadership to the team, defining objectives to be achieved by the department.
- Deploy people management processes – workforce planning, recruitment & selection, learning and development, performance management, career and succession planning and employee relations etc. effectively, in line with organisational policies, procedures and prevailing improvement initiatives.
- Manage the working environment and ensure it contributes to improving staff morale and increasing productivity.
- Design and review the operation’s organizational structure to support operational plans and strategy, in collaboration with HR.
Health & Safety/Governance and Compliance:
- Act as the legally responsible engineer for the area of responsibility (GMR2.1).
- Keep up to date with legislative changes to food safety and processing methods.
- Ensure insurance requirements are met regarding machinery and equipment.
- Keep up to date with environmental laws (safety, health and environment) and implement changes arising.
- Enforce safety practices by ensuring adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Responsible for implementing recommendations as a result of audit findings/outcomes and identifying further audit requirements.
- Adhere to and meet all relevant safety targets and measurements within the area of responsibility.
- Monitor any trends in food and operational safety compliance issues and proactively address them to resolve them.
- Actively address all customer and supplier concerns.
- Adhere to, and lead in the compliance of all Environmental, Health and Safety and all other applicable regulatory statutes, and all other safety and quality systems.
- Ensure alignment of all work processes to the required quality standards.
- Proactively identify continual improvement strategies.
- Action agreed quality initiatives ensuring that they are aligned to tasks/ processes/ systems.
- Implement corrective actions identified within the specified time.
- A tertiary engineering qualification (BTech or BSc Electrical / Mechanical)
- Government Certificate of Competence (GCC) is essential
- 10 years experience in an Engineering Management role in FMCG Manufacturing
- Computer Literacy (MS Office) WORD/ EXCEL/POWERPOINT
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days