An industry-leading company situated in Cape Town is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Construction Manager to join their team.
- The Construction Manager maintains production targets for each site and ensure each site operates within prescribed costs budgets.
- Co-ordinates and controls the activities of site staff and ensures all work complies with the quality standards as set out in the contract and company policies and procedures.
- Pre project preparation: Prepare the financial side by establishing: Programme, resource schedule and other contract requirements, Break evens, production targets, Measurement and costing systems, Ensure all contractual requirements are fulfilled, checklists completed and arrangements made for Company organizational arrangements
- Overall management of site operations
- Compile and submit claims for contract sites to Contracts Manager
- Starting the job – All start up procedures and requirements
- Quantities taken off and materials ordered
- Co-ordinate and oversee the activities, progress and quality of subcontractors, and hold regular meetings with them
- Maintaining an accurate and updated measuring system
- Identifying and pricing variations and additions
- Complying with contract conditions regarding claims
- Ensuring that statements and VAT invoices are produced on time
- Expeditiously producing agreed completion statements and obtaining certificates of practical completion
- Maintain progress in accordance with the programme and budget
- Liaise with Client, Engineer, Local Authorities etc. to fulfil all necessary contract requirements.
- Assist in the recruitment, development and training of employees with potential
- Relevant Degree or Diploma
- SACPCMP registration or similar preferable
- Two to three years of experience in a similar position; experience with operations preferred.
- Strong experience in planning and programming (MS Projects and or Candy)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects
- Able to adapt to fit in with company culture
- Basic Contractual knowledge, understanding and implementations
- A good knowledge and understanding of construction
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Strong mathematics and IT skills
- Good budgeting skills
- The ability to work both on your own and as part of a team
- The ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiating skills
- An understanding of health and safety standards
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days