Civil Engineer (Municipal Infrastructure)
An established company is currently looking for an experienced Civil Engineer (Municipal Infrastructure) to join their team in Cape Town.
The Civil Design Engineer drafts civil engineering designs for roadways, water and sewage lines, and land grading specifications for commercial and residential building sites using maps and topographical surveys.
- Draft Designs: Assist in the Design and Implementation of infrastructure projects ( Water and Sanitation specifically) and the infrastructure element of multi disciplinary projects. The Civil Design Engineer drafts both 2D and 3D designs of piping systems, utilities, roadways, and other infrastructure systems for proposed municipal civil services’ projects.
- Review Designs: The Civil Design Engineer reviews sketches and drawings of proposed designs to ensure that all standards are being followed and plans are accurate.
- Read Plans: The Civil Design Engineer interprets civil engineering drawings and building plans to determine where to place utility and piping systems.
- Study Maps: The Civil Design Engineer reads maps and land surveys to note land grading, nearby structures, and other factors that could affect the placement of piping and utility systems.
- Follow Coding Regulations: The Civil Design Engineer adheres to city, county, and other laws regarding design and building code requirements and submit proposed design plans to governments for approval. Civil designers are responsible for staying up to date on local standards to ensure that designs stay within legal parameters and that proper working permits / wayleaves are obtained for proposed municipal civil services’ projects.
- Document Management: Knowledge of Document Management for Drawings and Documents including reports, tenders, and contracts. Contract administration in the form taking site meeting minutes, and reviewing of construction programs
- Reporting Function: Prepare and present technical reports including services reports and tender evaluation reports
- BSc / BEng /BTech
- ECSA Professional Registration (advantageous)
- 5 or more years with specific Municipal Infrastructure Design experience as a pre-requisite.
- Experience in both greenfield and brownfield projects
- Experience with GCC2015, SABS1200 & COLTO
- Experience of Quality assurance when conducting site inspections and adherence to local authority standards
- Knowledge and experience in working with AutoCAD, Civil Designer Software and / or Civil3D
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days