Business Support Accountant
A well-known mine is on the look-out for a Business Support Accountant to join their team in Gauteng.
In this role, you will apply your technical/specialist expertise to analyse data, anticipate and diagnose problems, as well as provide solutions aimed at the improvement of processes, systems and work methods that meet internal and/or external stakeholder requirements.
- Ensure sound cost management processes and perform the necessary reviews to guarantee that detailed cost management supports the overall financial governance and reporting requirements.
- Implement and advise on statutory legislation and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Influence and ensure timeous delivery of accurate and transparent mining (both open pit and underground) related estimates, budgets, and forecasts to support the Business Plan, clearly articulating financial impacts around budget holder decision making and incorporating forward looking risks and opportunities.
- Analyse production, revenue, expenditure, and development capital budgets to produce budgeted financial statements for presentation to management.
- Ensure accurate and effective decision making through extraction of specific data via existing standard reports or alternatively compiling new cost reports, depending on stakeholder requirements.
- Review overall financial performance of the various BU’s through regular scheduled cost meetings and advise line managers and management on appropriate interventions to improve cost effectiveness.
- Ensure agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) are met
- Finalize and accumulate the financial information to adjust, close and balance financial records at period end.
- Control and monitor processes and compliance to processes, identifying potential problems and identification of improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate preparation of all projects related technical documents
- Manage and control the allocation of project funds
- Be a key leader in change management that supports transformation and promotes cohesion, inclusivity, diversity and integration within the team.
- Act as a safety leader
- 5 years’ relevant experience
- Extensive SAP experience
Education & certificates:
- Grade 12/Std 10/N3 or relevant NQF Level 4 qualification.
- An undergraduate qualification (Bachelors/Honours Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days