Quantitative Analytics Manager
An industry-leading firm is currently seeking the expertise of an experienced Quantitative Analytics Manager to join their Financial Risk Management business unit.
Their is a specialist function within the company’s Advisory Practice which has as its main purpose to assist clients with the development and review of often complex statistical models used to quantify financial risks. The Credit Risk & Capital management team is made up of credit risk modellers and analysts from a broad and diverse range of quantitative backgrounds, including mathematics, statistics, engineering and actuarial.
As a Senior Credit Risk Consultant, you will not only have a technical specialist role in the development and in the auditing of credit risk models (IFRS9, scorecards, etc.), but also be involved in the coaching and training of junior team members. The role offers exposure to a wide range of modelling techniques used by banks ranging from smaller local credit providers to globally systemically important banks. It also provides access to the latest technologies and developments, and you will be able to hone your coding skills in packages like Python, R and SAS.]
- Understanding of contemporary statistical techniques and practices in credit risk modelling
- Able to read, interpret and create software code, and ideally some experience with modern computing languages related to credit risk modelling (e.g. SAS, Python, or R)
- Strong organisational and time management skills; able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Self-driven and resilient
- Team player
- Good presentation and communication skills with ability to articulate quantitative concepts to both technical and non-technical individuals
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS:
- A Hons or Masters degree in a quantitative discipline such as Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience within a quantitative credit risk-based role
- Some experience of managing, coaching or mentoring junior staff would be an asset
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days