Data Scientist – JHB
|Location||.Net Jobs in Johannesburg|
|Education||University degree in statistics, applied mathematics, information technology, or a comparable discipline.|
|Experience||Insurance experience ideal. Proactively developing and push solutions/product ideas. Very good theoretical and practical knowledge of AI, ML and DL methods and in-depth experience in relevant tools/languages such as Python / R. Experience of having worked|
|Reference||RDV Data Scientist – JHB|
One of our Leading Insurance Clients in Johannesburg is currently looking for a Data Scientist to join their dynamic and fast-growing team.
• University degree in statistics, applied mathematics, information technology, or a comparable discipline.
• Insurance experience ideal.
• Capacity for innovation, forward-looking and Group-wide networking thinking and action, strong service orientation.
• Initiating or conduct an analysis of the situation and environment for existing and new customers, identify issues that are relevant for MR
• Proactively developing and push solutions/product ideas
• Very good theoretical and practical knowledge of AI, ML and DL methods and in-depth experience in relevant tools/languages such as Python / R
• Experience of having worked on big data platforms (Cloudera / Hortonworks, MapR, or Pivotal)
• Experience of having worked on data science virtual machines on the cloud (Azure, AWS, etc.)
• Experience in advanced SQL queries
• Ideal candidate is committed, motivated, willing to learn new tools technologies, and be willing to step outside their comfort zone
• A self-starter who can work independently and strong team-player
• Development and implementation of solutions that enable operational units to increase quantity and quality of new business.
• Presentation of statistical and ML solutions to internal and external stakeholders.
• You will apply AI techniques including Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL) methods to interpret data and build solutions to improve insurance process management and solve real problems our insurance clients are facing today.
• You will lead the coding and delivery of projects and will need to provide active thought and opinion leadership, in the fields of statistics, AI, ML, and DL within and outside the office.
• Continue to cultivate strong network with already existing AI and ML intensive units in Munich Re Group
• Participate and lead client discussions regarding potential use case
Hire Resolve invites all suitable candidates to apply by emailing your CV to email@example.com or fax to 086 572 8877. You can also contact Robyn on 031 350 4405 or alternatively you can visit our website, www.hireresolve.co.za
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: finance.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za