Commercial Development Manager
|Salary||R1 Mil – R850k p/a|
|Education||B.Sc. Quantity Surveying, Architecture, Engineering, or related Property Development degree|
Our Client is looking for a Development Manager, with 5 years of Commercial Development experience at Management level, to join their dynamic team.
Position: Development Manager
Location: Commercial/Office building developments (Cape town)
Salary: R1 Mil – R850k p/a
• B.Sc. Quantity Surveying, Architecture, Engineering, or related Property Development degree
• Minimum of 5 years of Commercial Development Experience at management level
• Experience in deal origination and concluding development deals (advantageous)
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for delivering superior developments for the company on time, with the agreed standards and within budget.
• Generating development fees and development profits from Trading and Development opportunities.
• Manage Trading and Development reporting for the respective projects.
• Incorporate development and construction trends and best practice into the development.
• Assist in drafting and implementing a five-year Trading and Development strategy in partnership with the Regional Development Manager.
• Enhance asset value by managing & delivering developments that exceed industry standards.
• Collaborate with asset management to add value in respect of redevelopment and development opportunities.
• Assist in ensuring a sustainable development pipeline in respect of the Trading and Development business in partnership with the Regional Development Manager.
• Ensure approval of development payments within the levels of authority.
• Ensure development proposals, project administration, JBCC & Development Agreements are updated and managed accordingly.
• Manage the Capex spend according to the approved project budget for the region.
• Manage professional teams to ensure that developments are delivered timeously and within programme guidelines.
• Ensure that developments are delivered with good quality standards.
• Adhere to best practices in relation to procurement and associated contract administration and implement procurement guidelines i.e. BBBEE requirements.
• Manage overall implementation of tenant installations for internal GPT or external stakeholder take on.
• Ensure effective management of Risk and Compliance Management to ensure compliance with all statutory building regulations.
• Value Engineering of development concepts & refinement to ensure “future-proofing” of the investments.
• Ensure that Green and sustainable principles are implemented to developments and responsibly manage any direct impacts that may occur on communities and the environment.
• Implement best practice in relation to the appointment of professional teams and contractors in consultation with the Regional Development Manager.
• Assist in developing a marketing strategy in respect of each project in conjunction with the Development Property Consultant and the marketing department in partnership with the Regional Development Manager.
• Ensure cash flow management and treasury guidance to be done monthly per project.
• Effective timeous handover of the asset to property / facilities management or client.
• Actively participate in the negotiation of terms of development leases with prospective clients and prepare relevant development agreements.
• Assist in ensuring Deal Forum motivation of the highest standard.
• Overall responsibility for the entire development process from inception to trading for the respective developments.
Should you meet the above requirements, please send a detailed CV to email@example.com or call Kyra on 021 551 8638.
Alternatively, please visit our website www.hireresolve.co.za Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: propertydevelopment.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za